Monday, March 22, 2010

"And He Dwelt Among Us" - chapter 2

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning." - John 1:1-2

Have you ever thought of a time when there wasn't "time?" A.W. Tozer calls us to that point - where there was no existence except the beautiful reality of God.

Take a moment, before Jesus walked this earth, before Jeremiah proclaimed judgment, before Moses was given the commandments, before Abraham was given the promise, before Adam and Eve were in the garden - God was. God has always been.

Tozer points us to this viewpoint, and it takes a lot to think of a time when there wasn't time. It is hard to think of those times alone! But that is where this Scripture leads us.

Tozer writes that as we look at this verse, when it says "the beginning" he refers this to when time started. So, when time started, God already was. And "the Word" - Jesus Christ, as we know - was with God and He was God. He is God!

How powerful to know that in Jesus existed the eternal God, who has no beginning and no end! How powerful it is to think about this and fathom that He is eternal! That means that no one can kill Him and no one can overcome Him because He is beyond the temporary and is not bound to time in any way. That is not true of anyone else in all creation - which is why we are creation - because we are created. Not so with God.

And that is power! That allows me to know that trusting in God Almighty I am protected and encompassed by One who cannot be overcome! When I lay my life down in surrender to Him alone, I am also eternal kept. We who trust in Him are eternally kept! Think about that - YOU ARE ETERNALLY KEPT BY THE MAKER OF ALL THINGS BECAUSE HE IS ETERNAL! And He does not go back on any thing! You are His now for eternity!!! HALLELUJAH!

Are you excited by that news?!? I AM!

Praise belongs to the Holy and Almighty God who has protected us in His everlasting salvation!

"Holy God, You are worthy of all praise! You are eternal, almighty, wonderful, and awesome! How can we ever know the depths of your rich love for us? You draw near to us and teach us your ways and show us that in you lies eternity. This eternity was shown and revealed to us only by your gracious Son Jesus Christ and what He fulfilled for us on the Cross. How wonderful to know that we have a Savior who loves us so powerfully and relentlessly. You are God and You are for me. Thank you God! You never let me go and you love me. Thank you for the rich love you powerfully display all the days of my life. Your grace will be my joy and I long to only reflect you all my life! Glory and praise alone belong to you my Savior! I love you. In your powerful name I offer this praise and prayer. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment