Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Truth of the Cross - update, chapters 3 - 6

Hello everyone,

Wow! That is all I have to say.

Dr. Sproul is challenging me in how I look at the Cross and how much I need a Savior. Just looking at why Jesus was needed to be made like His brothers BLOWS ME AWAY. Wow!

I'm just going to mainly share from chapter 6 today because it made me look at the Cross in such a new way. In this chapter, Dr. Sproul looks at why Jesus needed to become a human, and why He needed to live a whole life instead of just going to the Cross immediately. It rocks me to the core to think of what His life obedience means for me.

Jesus not only paid the penalty for my sins - which I could never do - He also showed me to live. Dr. Sproul looks at our need to be righteous before God and not just justified. When Christ took my place He did justify me, but He also transferred His righteousness to me. Let that thought sink into your mind. It will swallow you.

This has been the best book I have ever read on the Cross and our need for salvation and rescuing (not to say that I have read many...I haven't!). This book will help you see the Savior in such a wonderful light and it will help your walk!

I cannot wait to see what else Dr. Sproul has to show me about Christ and I am excited to continue to be taught and shown.

God's blessings to you all!

Brandon

No comments:

Post a Comment