Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Truth of the Cross - chapters 7 -10

Hello all!

What a powerful, wonderful little book this was! I finished it yesterday and I was greatly affected by it. I learned a lot from Dr. R.C. Sproul about my need for a Savior and the cross.

The last few chapters looked on a few different roles that Jesus played - the suffering servant being one of them. I also enjoyed learning about Dr. Sproul's thoughts on "limited atonement."

These are powerful things to be talking about and learning. I do believe in limited atonement and the way Dr. Sproul presented it was very good and refreshing. Basically, Jesus saves believers, not everyone in this world. If you are a believer, you believe Jesus has saved you. That is the gist of limited atonement.

This is brief, I realize, but I want to tease you to learn a few things about how wonderful an act Jesus did to save us. His redemption lasts and it gives us firm believe that we are saved and can pursue after God with reckless abandon. I pray that you would think about picking up this book and seeing for yourself. It is a wonderful read!

God bless!

Brandon

No comments:

Post a Comment